The Dardenne Family

The Dardenne Family

Sunday, July 13, 2008

We Made It!

We arrived safely today in Kiev around 2:00pm local time. Our travel day turned out to be very tiring, but I suppose they usually are! We were hoping to get some sleep on the flight from Minneapolis to Paris, but I always forget how hard it is to sleep sitting practically straight up! Plus, there was a really sweet family with a baby that didn't sleep either sitting in front of us. I felt so sorry for them, because their baby fussed or cried for most of the eight hour flight. I know they were exhausted as well from trying to keep their baby quiet/entertained. Our translator and a driver met us at the airport and took us to the apartment we will be staying in while in Kiev. The apartment is nice and is located in the heart of the city near Independence Square. It will be convenient for walking to shops, the market, and restaurants. We were pleased to find that the apartment has internet access and plenty of hot water.

I better sign off for now. Since I haven't slept in over 24 hours, I might start getting incoherent in my writing!

4 comments:

adoptedthree said...

Good luck at the SDA appointment!

I look forward in following your journey!

Leanna

Ukrainian Angel family
194 and 545
adopted Vitaly, Nik and Oksana

Kathy and Matt said...

So glad you made it safely. Try to catch up on some sleep. That long flight is so exhausting.

We'll look forward to following your journey and will keep you in our prayers!

Kathy
adopted Leeza, age 4-1/2 in Feb-08

Sue said...

Glad to hear you made the trip safely. Take care, look forward to reading more from you.

Jennifer said...

Good luck finding your daughter. Will be praying for a happy appointment.

Jennifer UA Family #907