The Dardenne Family

The Dardenne Family

Friday, July 25, 2008

Coming Home with Heavy Hearts

It is with very heavy hearts that we write this post. We haven't slept in two days (no sleep on the overnight train then no sleep last night as we wrestled with this decision). I can't tell you how my heart aches. I have cried more tears than I knew I had to cry. Ultimately, we never were able to say that we were certain that this child was meant to join our family. However, having said that, it causes such overwhelming grief to know that you've met this precious child and chosen to go home without her. I can only say that I hope and pray God has something even better for her. I don't think we will ever be able to forget her. I know that God loves her more than we ever could have, so at this point we place her in his hands. I think some of the sorrow also comes from knowing that we've had this desire in our hearts and pursued it for 2 1/2 years, only to have it end like this. I knew there were other families coming home without children, but I never really prepared myself for the fact that we might be one of them.



We are trying to make arrangements to get our flights changed, so we can head home as soon as possible. Abby, Will and Sam, we love you and will see you soon!

14 comments:

Steve Eimers said...

I'm sorry.

Steve

Alan said...

This is very sad. We'll be thinking of you today. Blessings to you.

Kathy and Matt said...

I'm so sorry for the pain you're experiencing.

Praying you can feel God's comfort and that you have safe travels home.

Christine and Darren said...

So Sorry. May God lift you up through this difficult time.

Staci and Damon said...

Our hearts are breaking with yours! We know how much you wanted this to work out!
Love - Staci and Damon

Amy said...

I am so sorry for the loss that you are experiencing.. it is truly heartbreaking.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - and for the little girl.

Hugs
Amy

... said...

This is just so sad. I am sitting here typing with tears streaming down my cheeks. I am so sorry and will be praying for your safe return and that God comforts you.

Joann said...

I'm sorry that you are in such pain and I will pray for you and that precious little girl.

Dennis said...

Say guys,
I read your commments and started not to post anything, but Melissa thought I should go ahead and share with you what I found out about the Shriners Hospital. I called my contact today and was assured that they wouldn't even accept your insurance for the medical expenses. 100% of the medical expenses are covered and he said that if you guys needed them, for me to call him back as soon as you guys got home and he would fill out the paper work for you and start the process. He said everything would be done in Shreveport. You have the information if it helps. We love you guys and are praying for you. See you soon!

Kent and Amy said...

Hey guys. We are very sorry to hear the news. If there is anything you need us to do, please let us know.

If you need help with the flights, Kent said he would be happy to help you. Remember, God has a plan for everyone and everything.

The Flying Eagle said...

I am so sorry.

Amy Skrivanos said...

Just wanted you to know that we cried with you in this process. I know it had to be very hard. Call us when you're settled in back home. We love you!

ArtworkByRuth said...

So sorry your journey ended here. Praying for peace and wisdom on your next steps!

Tammy and Scott said...

We feel your pain. I am weeping with you as this is still raw for us. The pain does pass as you get home and back into life. Feel free to email us if you need to vent or share with people who have been through a similar journey. We pray for your safe travel back to the states. There is nothing we can say to ease your pain. We are very sorry!